The Life Flight Trust complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
How we collect your data:
Information you provide to us directly: when you visit or use some parts of our website we may ask you to provide personal data to us. For example, when you subscribe to our newsletter, enter a competition or survey, join us on social media, purchase merchandise or make a donation. If you do not wish to provide us with your personal data you don’t have to, however it might mean you can’t use some parts of our website or services.
Personally identifiable information could include your:
- Telephone number
- Home address
- e-mail address
Personal information we collect is kept in a secure database. We may use this information to contact you, but you can opt-out of receiving future information from us at any time.
Information we collect automatically: We automatically collect some aggregated, non-personally identifiable information when you visit our website through Google Analytics and Hotjar. This might include your:
- IP address
- Browser type or operating system
- The domain name from which you linked to our site
- What pages you visited, or what links you clicked
- General demographic information like your city
Our websites use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies". Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored in a browser-related file on your computer’s hard drive when you use our Web site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Cookies are widely used on most major Web sites.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you other than the data you choose to share with us.
We may use information contained in cookies to make assumptions about the user of the computer and to provide users of that computer with focused advertising that we believe may be of interest, based on that information.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
We collect personal information in order to:
The personal information we collect is kept in a secure database. We gather information to allow us to develop, tailor, and deliver a good online experience, to inform our marketing, and to keep you informed about our activities. This may include:
- Operational communications
- Marketing communications (in accordance with your preferences)
- Asking for your feedback, or to take part in any research
We also collect your data to authorise and process credit card transactions which you enter into online. For these purposes, we may:
- Seek financial information from you (e.g. credit card details to confirm your donation).
- Contact you by mail, email or telephone, unless you request us not to.
- Use the information in our database for statistical and other purposes relating to our fundraising work.
We try to keep our database up-to-date. Anyone whose personal details are on our database may request that we correct those details.
Besides our staff, we may share this information with:
- Other third parties that work on our behalf to deliver our services to you. This includes:
- MailChimp, for email marketing
- Microsoft, our cloud hosting and computer infrastructure provider
- Social media platforms (Facebook and Instagram) for targeted advertising
- Survey Monkey, to send you our surveys
- Amazon Web Services, our cloud hosting service provider
- Google Analytics and Google Ad Manager, for targeted advertising
- A person who can require us to supply your information (for example, a regulatory authority);
- Any other person authorsied by the Act or another law;
- Any other person authorised by you.
From time-to-time, we may allow like-minded organisations to contact our supporters. In return, they will help us reach more generous New Zealanders like you. You can opt out of this at any time by ticking the box on our donation forms or by getting in touch via the contact details below.
When we share data, it may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country you live in – such as Australia, where a reseach company aggregates data and compares it to other charities in the APAC region. These countries may have laws different to what you’re used to. Rest assured, where we disclose personal data to a third party in another country, we put safeguards in place to ensure your personal data remains protected.
If you have concerns about your privacy:
When it comes to marketing communications, you can unsubscribe at any time. To do so, just follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication or contact us.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (04) 920 2242
- Post: PO Box 14448, Kilbirnie, Wellington 6241
If you believe there has been a breach of your privacy, you are able to send a complaint to the Privacy Commission.
Registration and memberships
The Life Flight Trust is a registered charity (#CC24283) and is a member of the Fundraising Institute of NZ and the Public Fundraising Regulatory Association. The Life Flight Trust follows their Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.