The Life Flight Open Day, sponsored by Interislander
Join us for an action-packed day at our Air Rescue Centre! Emergency service demonstrations, delicious food and heaps of entertainment. Fun for all ages!
It's an exciting day and a way to say thanks, meet our wonderful supporters in-person and raise funds to help keep us flying.
Location: 17 George Bolt Street, Rongotai, Wellington.
More than a dozen emergency services will be on-hand including:
- Our Westpac Chopper and both Air Ambulance Planes
- NZ Police with newly recruited Police puppies
- NZ Fire and Emergency with a Virtual Reality demonstration
- NZ Defence Force Bomb Squad with their very popular bomb disposal robot.
- and many more!
Entertainment and activities including:
- Unique rescue-themed scavenger hunt developed by Escape Mate (participation by donation)
- Live music by the Royal New Zealand Air Force Band and Barry and the Crumpets
- Exclusive art display from Life Flight Artist Juliet Best
- Shoot hoops with the Pulse
- The Hits Kids' costume contest
- Huff and Puffs - Ferris wheel and merry-go-round
- Little Driver mini jeeps
- Westpac Kid Zone
- Paper plane throwing contest, supported by Fuji-Xerox
- Spot prizes, exciting raffles, and more!
A fun day for all ages with proceeds supporting Life Flight Trust
Delicious food from:
- Antojitos Taco Truck
- Donut Express
- Flight Coffee
- Kiwi Snow - Shaved Ice
- Mitre 10 sausage sizzle (100% of the proceeds come back to Life Flight)
- The Beat Kitchen
- The Greek Food Truck
- Tip Top ice cream
- and more!
Thank you to our Event Partner Interislander for providing vital funds and support to make our Open Day possible.
For more information please contact:
Phone: 04 920 2242